Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Best Thing About College Football

I've never been a huge College Football fan, though I've become a bigger fan over the past 5 or 6 years. But, I still don't plan a huge chunk of my Saturdays to watch College Football. A lot of people do, but not me.

This leads me to the best thing about College Football season...the golf courses are empty after noon on Saturdays. Today, a friend and I played 18 holes, and saw, maybe 4 other golfers the entire round. We didn't hurry at all, and finished in 3 hours 45 minutes...on a really long course to walk.

During the round, we walked past several homes that had a radio outside playing the game, so we were able to get score updates. Also, there was one guy who we could hear yelling at his TV...from over 300 yards away. The guy had his windows open, and we could hear him loud and clear...he said some not so nice words. I've been known to yell at my TV during a Broncos game, but I keep the windows closed.

There was really no point to this...I just felt like blogging about it. It's nearly October now, and golf season is winding down so I have to get random golf blogs in when I can.

No comments: