Wednesday, July 15, 2009

All About Image

First off, I apologize that I had to use YouTube Videos here. I know some are against YouTube, but it is the only place where I can find and embed both videos.

Last night, President Obama threw out the first pitch at the All Star Game. Now, here is a video of the "Image President" in action:



You can tell from this, that he barely got it to the plate. But it's difficult to tell because of the odd camera angle. I've never seen a 1st pitch thrown with this camera angle. Normally the camera used would be from behind so you can see the results of the pitch. What do you want to bet that Obama's crew made sure Fox didn't use that angle because they knew the result wouldn't be pretty...heck the throwing motion wasn't pretty.

By the way, talk about controlling image. This morning, I found a video where it showed the pitch from a farther out camera angle, and you can see even more clearly how bad it looked. Tonight, I can't find that video anywhere. Coincidence...I think not! But I digress.

I will agree that he "may" have made it to the plate, but just barely. Frankly, it's embarrassing when our athletic, young President can't throw a baseball 60 feet. So, one of my knew voting criteria is...will they be able to throw out a good first pitch? I'm willing to consider extenuating circumstances, such as injury or age. But, as a rule, I want my President to be able to throw a strike. Obama should use that big lawn of his and get out there and work on his pitching, so that next time he gets asked to do this, he'll do a better job.

Here's a reminder of what it looks like when our President throws a good 1st pitch. No tricky camera work here.

1 comment:

Nuke said...

This article says he didn't make it.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0709/24953.html