Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Two Thoughts on Health Care Reform

Ok, it's not really totally on health care reform, but more the pomp and circumstance building up to health care reform.

Thought #1: Tonight ABC is airing an hour long town hall style meeting in which Obama gets to answer questions about his health care plan (surprise, it's government run...because Obama's solution to everything is more government). But, that's not what this thought is about. Is it just me, or has the drive-by media stopped even trying to pretend that they are unbiased? They aren't allowing opponents to run ads opposing Obama's plan during the hour long special, and there is no opposing voice up there to counter Obama's proposal. It's essentially an hour of free advertising for the Obama plan. And somehow, most of the media is just fine with this...like I said, they aren't even pretending any more.

Thought #2: The President has repeatedly said things like, "If your employer's providing you good health insurance, terrific. We're not going to mess with it." He always follows that up with, if you like your health care you can keep it. I truly hope the man leading the free world isn't that naive. By creating a government run plan, they are messing with everybody who gets their health insurance from an employer. If I were running a business and the government was suddenly offering a plan that allowed me to keep more money for running my business, you bet I would opt out of my private plan and tell my employees to get on the government's plan. That's good business sense, and that's exactly what will happen all over this country if we get a taxpayer funded, government run plan. Obama knows exactly what will happen, and he wants it to happen. This man wants the Federal Government to control as much of our lives as it can...as he can. I'm more convinced of that every time Obama opens his mouth.

No comments: