Friday, May 22, 2009

TV Series Review: Smallville Season 8


Season 8 of "Smallville" had a lot of good episodes, but it had a few that weren't so good, including the season finale. Overall, I rate this season 4 stars, but it could have been 5 if not for a few really bad episodes. Apparently there is going to be a Season 9...I'm not sure how much longer this show can go on. Hopefully Season 9 will be the last.

In Season 8, Clark begins working at the Daily Planet, and is starting to become Superman...though right now he's called "The Red Blue Blur" because that's all anyone ever sees during his heroic acts. The best thing about Season 8 is that Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk) is gone...except for 5 episodes, which were the worst 5, with the possible exception of the season finale, which was very disappointing.

The villain this season is Doomsday, played by Sam Witwer, who was new to the show. Overall, I think the show did a good job with Doomsday. I would have liked to see more battles and less drama in the show, but I understand the demographic for the show is not 31 year old men. However, I'm a superhero nerd, so I don't believe there are any superhero shows I wouldn't watch.

One thing I really liked from this season is that the Justice League is starting to form. We see Green Arrow, Black Canary and the Flash this season. In past seasons we've also met Cyborg. It's slowly coming together.

I sort of look forward to season 9, but I hope that's the last. If you are a "Smallville" fan, you have to find a way to watch this season. If you aren't, then it's ok if you miss it.

No comments: