Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Why I Love Sports

Every so often, I need a reminder of why I love sports. This week, amid the latest steroid scandal in baseball, the Michael Phelps controversy and the firing of another NBA coach came a great (and sad) story out of Milwaukee high school basketball. I can't tell it any better, so I'm adding a link to the story.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/02/19/sports/Tim-Dahlberg-021809.php

This is the kind of thing that only sports can give us, and too often these stories get lost in the fast paced, high dollar world of the professional and major college sports that dominate the news. But, at its purest, sport is about competing, win or lose, and showing good sportsmanship whenever you get the chance. I love it when stories like these get national exposure, because it reminds all of us how great sports can be.

No comments: