Monday, November 24, 2008

Movie Review: Journey to the Center of the Earth


I watched "Journey to the Center of the Earth" last night. I had pretty low expectations because I'm not a big Brendan Fraser fan. I've discovered that low expectations is one key to a good movie watching experience. If you have high expectations it's so much easier to be disappointed.

I have to give this one 3 stars. It had good adventure scenes and some nice effects, but I felt like the story was weak and Brendan Fraser was pretty stiff. At only 92 minutes, it was just too short to develop a top notch story. It would have been cool to see it in 3D, though. I could tell that some scenes were shot specifically for the 3D effect in the theater.

"Journey to the Center of the Earth" is rated PG. I think it would be appropriate for a 9-10 year old kid. Some of it would be over the head of a younger kid, but there's no foul language or anything that would preclude someone younger from watching it.

No comments: