Thursday, November 27, 2008

Movie Review: Batman: Gotham Knight


Confirming my nerd-dom, I got this from Netflix and watched it the same day. "Batman: Gotham Knight" is a set of 6 short animated films. Each animated film is done in a unique style, but all 6 form a continuous series.

If you are a Batman fan, this is a must see. If you are not a Batman fan, or prefer the old "campy" 1960's Batman, then stay away from this. The story bridges the gap between the movies "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight". It does an excellent job of delving into the psyche that makes Batman who he is. I found it dark at times, but in a good way.

Overall I give it 4 stars. Some of the animation style was hard to adjust to, but it was true to Batman in a way that I really enjoyed and appreciated.

No comments: