Thursday, February 23, 2012

Latest Movie Reviews

Now that our move is nearly complete, I can get caught up on all the movies I've been watching. 

Mr. Magorium's Wonder EmporiumMr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium:  This was one we watched as a family in our old house.  I had no desire to see this movie, but my wife and kids wanted to see it.  As it turned out, I liked it, as did my kids, but my wife thought it was sad.  I thought it was a 3-3.5 star movie.

Natalie Portman stars as Mahoney, the manager at Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, a toy store.  Her boss, Mr. Magorium, is played by Dustin Hoffman.  Mahoney is disappointed with her lot in life, and her situation doesn't improve when the 243 year old Mr. Magorium tells Mahoney that he is about to die and he leaves the store to her.  Can Mahoney discover her inner magic in time to save the Wonder Emporium?  Well, I know because I've seen the movie, but if you want to find out you'll have to watch Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

Bulletproof MonkBulletproof Monk:  I saw the start of this movie on TV a few months back and it looked like a cool Kung Fu action flick, so I added Bulletproof Monk to my queue without really checking on the premise of the movie.  As it turns out, the opening 15 minutes are the best 15 minutes of the movie.  I lost interest quickly, and while I did finish it, I also found the need to multi-task to stay awake.  This is 2 stars, at best.

The problem is Seann William Scott shows up, and I just can't take him serious as an actor.  Just skip this one.

No comments: