Sunday, January 22, 2012

Not Newt!!!

So, Newt Gingrich won the South Carolina primary.  What once looked like a runaway for Mitt Romney became a race this week after Iowa recounted the votes and found that Rick Santorum actually won, and then Newt won South Carolina.

Newt Gingrich makes me feel icky all over, and now my nightmare scenario seems to be happening.  Whoever wins South Carolina generally wins the nomination.  If Newt wins the Republican Nomination, right now, I fee like I have to vote 3rd party.  I know that Newt cheated on his previous wives and was reprimanded by Congress for ethics violations.  If you will cheat on your wife, what won't you cheat on?  What wouldn't you do to get elected? 

I read today that many Conservatives don't support Romney because he has been bad on abortion in the past and he signed health care legislation in Massachusetts that is similar to Obamacare.  He has repeatedly said that he is Pro Life and that what was right for Massachusetts is not necessarily right for the entire country.  People don't believe Romney has changed, despite evidence that overall Romney is a good family man and someone who could be trusted to do what he says he will do.  Newt on the other hand has given us no reason to trust him, yet for some reason, "Conservatives" say they believe he will be better than Romney.  I just don't get it!!!

As a Christian, I know I should forgive Newt and give him a 2nd chance.  Because of that, he will have an opportunity to show me that he's changed, but it's going to take some serious evidence of repentance for past mistakes for me to support Gingrich for the highest office in the land.

If the election were today, and my choice was between Barack Obama and Newt Gingrich, I'd vote Constitution or Liberatarian party in a heartbeat.  I'm done voting for the lesser of 2 evils...and frankly if the choice were Obama or Gingrich, I'd have a hard time deciding which is the lesser of 2 evils.

No comments: