Monday, May 30, 2011

Some More Reviews

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II've had a few reviews pile up here.  None of these deserve their own post, so I'll roll them all into one.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1":  I was actually somewhat let down by the first movie in the Harry Potter finale.  "Deathly Hallows" was my favorite book, and I was excited to hear that they were making 2 movies so as not to leave anything out.  What I hadn't counted on was how the first half of the book is really tough to make into a movie.  It ended up being long periods of boring, followed by a few moments of riveting excitement.  Whereas the book could tell the introspection going on inside the characters heads, the movie failed in that regard.  All the other Harry Potter movies have been 4 or 5 stars, but this one is only a 3 star movie.  I'm sure Part 2 is going to be excellent...and pretty much non-stop action. 

Castle"Castle, Season 3": Sorry about the picture.  Netflix changed how it does TV series...it's highly annoying.  Anyway..."Castle" continues to rival "Psych" for being the best show on TV (that's right Nuke, I just said that).  In season 3, Richard Castle (Nathon Fillian) continues to help NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic) solve some more offbeat murders.  With playful banter, and just the right amount of "serious" episodes, "Castle" kept me interested all season long.  The season finale was one of the better cliff hangers I've ever seen, and I am really looking forward to next season.  Another 5 star season for the "Castle" crew. 


The Event: Season 1"The Event":  NBC's new show should have been kept to 1 season, and NBC realized that, but the producers and writers did not.  This series, which pits Americans in and out of the government against aliens from an unknown planet had so much potential, and sometimes it lived up to the hype and sometimes it did not.  What we ended up having was a 3 star TV series that would have been 4 stars if the show would have ended, rather than cliff hangered.  NBC has cancelled "The Event", so the producers are looking for someone to pick up the 2nd season.  I expect SyFy or USA or something to pick it up, but in my opinion, it could have just ended.  What's wrong with having a great 1 season run?  Oh well...if there is a season 2, I might tune in to see where things go, but I also may not.

No comments: