Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Feeling Crabby?

Earlier this week, I was on a business trip to Maryland.  My business was near Solomons Island, so that's where we stayed.  The seafood delicacy of the area is the crab cake, and I was told nobody does the crab cake better than Stoney's Kingfishers.

So, last night, at my request, my travel companions and I went to Stoney's and I had the world famous Stoney Crab Cake.  I ordered the Crab Cake sandwich on the recommendation of a coworker who has spent significant time in this area of Maryland.  Frankly, there was no need for the bun...the crab cake was huge, and almost all crab meat and very little filler!  Extremely delicious.

Even better than the crab cake, however, was the hot crab dip appetizer we had prior to the main dish.  The dip was unbelievably good.  Next time I'm out there, I may just get the crab dip appetizer for myself...it's that good.  I also had a seafood chowder prior to dinner that was also really good.  This meal really capped off the trip for me, and if/when I'm back in Solomons Island, Maryland, I know where I'll be eating.

If you are out that way, give Stoney's a shot...you won't be disappointed.

No comments: