Thursday, February 17, 2011

Top 5 Movies You Won't Want To Admit Watching

As a guy, there are certain movies that you just don't want to admit watching, let alone liking. We can all admit that. Now for the confession. For me, the Disney Channel is a problem. I've confessed my love for "Cheesy, Feel Good Disney Movies" previously on this blog. Occasionally, I'll flip by the Disney Channel and find a Princess Movie or a musical, and I'll be hooked. I can't help it...I don't even have Nuke's excuse of having a daughter.

So, without further adieu, but with further embarrassment, I give you the Top 5 Movies You Won't Want to Admit Watching.

5 - "Juno": While this movie is critically acclaimed, it is a "chick flick". It follows Juno (portrayed by Ellen Paige) as a teenager dealing with pregnancy. Instead of aborting the baby, she chooses to have it and give it up for adoption. This movie is funny, charming, and ultimately a feel good flick.

4 - "Hairspray": I'm a sucker for musicals. This one has Zac Efron, Michelle Pfeiffer, Christopher Walken (in a musical), Queen Latifah and John Travolta (as a woman). It's funny and the music is catchy. Seriously, I can't help it.

3 - "High School Musical": See, I seriously can't help it. I got this one from Netflix to see what all the rage was about, and I was hooked at the first song. I've watched all 3 "High School Musical" movies, but the original is the best.

2 - "Ella Enchanted": There are a few songs in this one too (including some Queen), but I don't know if it qualifies as a musical. Anne Hathaway is Ella, who is enchanted to always do what she's told. This causes problems when she falls in love with the Prince of the kingdom. Cary Elwes stars as the bad guy, so bonus points there. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll sing along.

1 - "Ice Princess": Seeing the Disney Channel theme here? It's like a beacon...calling my name every day. This tear jerker is about a high school science geek turned figure skater. But, will our heroine's feminist mother ever accept her new found love? You'll have to watch to find out. Starring Michelle Trachtenberg, Hayden Pantierre, Kim Catralle and Joan Cusack, this is truly a chick flick, but it has sports in it, so it must be ok...figure skating is a sport, right? Oh, and you can't miss the Michelle Kwan cameo.

So, that's it. I must now hang my head in shame. Up next week is the Top 5 Sports Movies. Spoiler Alert!!! "Hoosiers" isn't in the top 5, and neither is "Rudy"...I bet you can't wait now.

No comments: