Monday, December 20, 2010

Movie Review: Avalon High


I have a weak spot for many things in my life. Buffalo Wings, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and lightweight golf shirts...to name just three. Well, a couple of other weaknesses are Cheesy Feel Good Disney Movies and King Arthur stories. Add to that, the fact that I thought the Patriots/Packers game last night would be a blow out, I wanted to try out the Netflix streaming on my new TV now that I have 3 Mbps speed at home and the fact that I was feeling ultra lazy...well let's just say we had the perfect storm of circumstances to prompt me to watch Disney's "Avalon High."

Frankly, this was just an average Disney movie, so I won't spend much time on it. The story was a bit weak, though it did throw two plot twists at me, and I really only saw one of them coming. The lead actress was actually pretty good, but the rest of the cast was just average, which was surprising considering Molly Quinn, from "Castle" was part of that cast. I guess it just wasn't a great role for her. Overall, "Avalon High" is a 3 star movie...maybe trending towards 2.8.

The Netflix streaming, on the other hand, was terrific. I experienced near HD quality from my streaming video. Everything loaded up very quickly and it was extremely easy to use. This is going to be a great way to take better advantage of my Netflix subscription. Oh, and the Patriots/Packers game ended up being a nail biter. The Patriots won 31-27...guess maybe I should have watched that...or, you know, done something productive with my life.

No comments: