Friday, October 1, 2010

Why Didn't I Practice More?

Today I took the day off work because I needed an extra day off, and because I wanted to play golf. I didn't play all that well, but it was better than working, even though I have a good job. As the saying goes, a bad day on the golf course is still better than a good day at work.

At one point in the round, I hit some really stupidly bad shots. I mentioned to my friend Gary, that it's a good thing I'm better at my real job than I am at golf because nobody would be silly enough to pay me to play golf.

Still, it got me pondering...why didn't I practice more? My dad always said I needed to practice if I really wanted to get really good, but all I ever did was play 18 holes then go home. I think there's a lesson in there that I should have listened to my dad...but don't tell him that.

So, I guess I will continue my day job and golf when time allows. The consequences of not heeding the wisdom of your parents reach far into adulthood.

No comments: