Saturday, September 18, 2010

Movie Review: "Kick-Ass"


This is going to be a shortish movie review. I was really intrigued by "Kick-Ass" but never went in the theaters, and frankly, now that I've seen it, I'm really glad I didn't spend theater bucks to see this movie. It's not bad, but it's just not great either. It's maybe a 3 star film, but possibly 2.5.

What really surprised me was how violent it was. I was expecting a sort of updated "Mystery Men", but that's not what this movie is. Instead, it's almost 2 movies that eventually cross paths. There's the somehwat humorous story line involving the hero, Kick-Ass and then a much darker story line involving Big Daddy (Nicholas Cage) and Hit Girl. They cross a few times and then finally big time at the end.

There are some humorous parts in this movie, but overall it came up short of being what I would classify as an absolute must see. You might like it, you might not, I guess it's up to you if you want to watch it.

4 comments:

Nuke said...

That movie review was...

Nevermind.

Jake said...

I'm missing the joke...is this a 2 stepper?

Jake said...

Oh, I get it now...yes it was a 2 stepper. I just woke up for a nap so that's my excuse.

Nuke said...

Yeh, sorry, it was yet another two-stepper. Too bad you noticed before I could make fun of you.