Sunday, August 9, 2009

The City Amateur, Day 2

I just finished up day 2 of the City Amateur, and while I didn't play as well as I had hoped I would, I still had an ok day. I shot 80 for the 2nd straight day, for a 36 hole total of 160. When I left the course, there were only 2 players ahead of me, but that will obviously change as the day wears on. About 30 players had finished when I left.

Bottom line is that 80 is a good score today. It was windy and it was raining off and on. Making it even more complex was that the flags were tucked in some difficult places on the greens. So, overall, I'm pleased with my golf this year. I could have played better, but I could have played much worse.

I really enjoyed competing in the City Amateur this year, and hope I am playing well enough next year to consider playing again.

2 comments:

mediocre coffee said...

I'm glad you had fun! I would have to say this is the most positive 80 I have ever heard you speak of. Keep conditioning the cool, calm & confident compusure!
For that, my friend, is the attitude of champions.

Deacon Sean Smith said...

Congratulations, Jake! Remember to bring that same fun to the course on Saturday!